A recent study says that approximately eight printer cartridges are thrown about every second in the US, while only 30 percent (recyclable) are recycled. It implies that the remaining 70 percent keeps adorning the landfills for always. Artist Faith Pearson, however, converts empty ink cartridges to stunningly bold artworks that are so very indicative of sci-fi movies of the 21st century.
Pearson uses ink cartridges as building blocks for creating demented scenes from Star Trek, Godzilla and King Kong. After seeing these artworks in the below images, we wish artists elsewhere had been recycling more cartridges into some sort of art or re-utilized them.