Prioritizing your personal wellness is more important now than ever, but beginning your journey toward better health isn’t always such an easy transition! If you’re searching for some guidance and simple tips to make the shift more seamless, you’re in the right place.
In this post, we’ll be sharing four easy things you can do to boost your personal wellness now, and in the long-term.
1. Establish a regular exercise routine
Everyone knows how essential diet and exercise are to living a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle but actually finding an exercise routine that can be maintained is often easier said than done. If you’ve taken time off from the gym or regular workouts, getting back on the bandwagon can be even more challenging — so how do you move forward at a pace that you can keep up for the long haul?
First, let’s talk about how much exercise you should be getting. Experts say that adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity, or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise per week, or some combination of the two. Depending on how you break up each workout, you may want to schedule longer exercises for fewer days throughout the week, or shorter ones each day.
As you’re getting started, it may make more sense to ease yourself into it by committing to a ~20 minute workout each day of the week, or 30 minutes of activity for five days out of the week, allowing yourself two days for recovery.
As for what kind of activities you should be doing, it’s important to remember that your routine should be enjoyable and make you feel good. If you can’t stand running, but love to relax on a scenic hike, consider building more hikes into your workout regimen to keep yourself engaged and feeling great!
Here are some other fun fitness-related activities to cycle into your routine:
- Yoga — great for strengthening, stretching, and de-stressing
- Bike Polo — unique workout for bike enthusiasts
- Climbing — ideal for thrill-seeking and strength-building
- Ultimate Frisbee — social and aerobic activity
2. Opt for natural remedies rather than OTC
While modern medicine offers many revolutionary treatments that have changed our world for the better, too many people pass up the wonders of natural alternatives. Herbal remedies, for example, have an ancient reputation for beautifying, healing, and helping treat a variety of ailments.
In recent years, CBD has shared some of the spotlight, offering a number of wellness benefits, including:
- Stress relief
- Nausea treatment
- Mood enhancement
- Pain relief
What’s more, there are plenty of ways wellness warriors can leverage the non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant — CBD gummies and edibles, vapes, creams, oils, and bath bombs are just a few of the products available.
3. Maintain a nutritious and well-balanced diet
Of course, prioritizing a healthy diet is paramount when it comes to living a health-focused lifestyle. And while it may seem intimidating at first, when you think about it, nutritionists have been saying the same things for years — eat your fruits, vegetables, and whole foods!
Thanks to healthy meal kit delivery services and CSA boxes, finding nutritious products and eating right is easier than ever.
4. Prioritize your emotional health, too
In addition to focusing on your physical health, it’s important to take time to attend to your emotional health, too! Luckily, eating healthy, working out, and using naturally-healing ingredients contribute to good emotional health already, but your commitment to wellness shouldn’t stop there.
Incorporate these positive practices into your routine to ensure your body, mind, and soul are perfectly aligned:
- Have a laugh with Laughter Yoga— Laughing boosts your mood and increases overall happiness, and so does exercise!
- Spend time in nature — The outdoors offers a soothing and stunning escape from everyday stressors.
- Connect with friends— Having a support system is so important in celebrating highs and getting through lows in life.
- Talk to a counselor — Whether something “big” is happening or you just want someone to talk to, having a professional to reach out to is a great resource to have.
As you embark on your wellness journey, be sure to keep these four tips at heart. Share your successes, challenges, and words of support with us in the comment section below!
Article Submitted By Community Writer