Silicon Valley could be underwater within just half a century! But, what is the answer to the scientists’ fears and warnings?
1. The U.S. government’s taking the lead.
2. A new energy policy for the country
Outlining a four-point policy, Doerr believes President Bush should adopt policies by next year that includes:
*A mandatory goal should be fixed for all organizations in the reduction of greenhouse gas-emissions by 25 percent by 2010,
* Renewable energy sources — like solar and wind should be adopted,
* Depending on oil should be reduced by invigorating the biofuel industry,
* Investments in technology, capable of removing existing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere should be raised.
Speaking about potential remedies to the problem, Sun Microsystems’ Chairman Scott McNealy ‘s solution to the energy consumption problem was entirely more personal.
* As a solution to the energy generated by driving, he suggests half of Sun’s employees to work from home.
* People should make better use of technology which demands less of driving like –
— Online shopping,
— Remote banking,
— Distance learning.