Making home for your pet is always a fun task and if it is a dog, you will love to make his house made of woods. If you are looking out to make a house at a lower cost, then here is a solution for you. You can make a dog house out of cardboard boxes. This would be great for the ones who have small breeds of dogs as they can easily get in such small houses. Itâs true that you can actually made beautiful remarkable structures from cardboard using your creativity.
A cardboard doghouse is a wonderful project to involve your child in. this is an easy work and you can ask your kid to join in and so the pasting and decorating thing for you. All you will need is a cardboard box that has top and bottom flaps. Cardboard boxes are not a difficult thing to find you can ask your friends and neighbors or a local electronic appliance shop will always be of help to you. The greatest part about a cardboard house is that you can always rebuild a new one easily if the existing ones seem to fall apart.
Difficulty Level: Moderate. It requires basic knowledge.
Time required: 1 whole day or 24 hours
1. Two Cardboard boxes
2. Staple gun
5. Foam Sheets
6. Flower punch
Depends on the availability of things
1. The very first thing you will need to do is find a box that is big enough to make a dog house that offers enough space for your dog to fit in easily. It should be spacious as your pet must not feel cramped inside. If yours is a small dog then you wonât find it difficult to look out for boxes. Electronic stores might help you by offering some huge boxes.
2. Cardboard is quite delicate so itâs recommended that you double the boxes and staple it to make the house more stronger and a steady structure.
3. Cut out all the flaps while the box is in upright position.
4. Now make the doors and windows as you desire using a pencil and then cut it out. Ensure that the door opening is big enough for your dog to enter easily.
5. Now make a roof by taking a larger piece of cardboard. Fold it into half and paste in on the top of the box using glue. Now that you have paste the roof you will see an empty triangle in between. Take the cut out flap pieces and make triangular pieces out of then that match with the space in the front part of roof and paste it with tape. This will make the roof enclosed.
6. Trim out all the uneven edges and the frame of your dog house is ready. Now paint it with the color you like. Decorate it making roof like designs from the foam sheets and pasting itâs carefully over the roof.
7. You can also further beautify the house by adding flowers and drawing grass. You can also write the name of your dog beautifully over the entrance.
8. To make your pet feel comfortable inside put a blanket on its floor.
Frequently asked questions
Q. My Pet is a Labrador pup. Will a cardboard house work for him?
A. If yours is a pup then you can make a beautiful and creative house for him. But Labradorâs grow into big dogs so he might find it difficult later on. But still you can make one for him till he is small enough to enter and lay inside the cardboard house without any difficulty.
Allow the glued part to dry properly so that the house doesnât come out easily.
While attaching the roofs use paper pieces and glue them. This will make sure that the joints are glued strongly.
Things to watch out for
Take care that while cutting cardboard you are not putting in much pressure over it. Cardboard being light material extra pressure might distort the shape easily.