Need to be Eco Friendly
One of the important issues facing all of us on the planet is protection of the environment. The environment is our atmosphere and is the natural surroundings around us. The problem we face is that in the last few decades the environment that we live in has suffered some serious damage due to many human activities. This impact of the damage is in the form of air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, marine pollution, global warming, climate change and change in weather patterns, depletion of forests, loss of animal and bird habitats, depletion of the ozone layer and other such serious environmental problems.
Each and every one of us is somehow in one way or the other responsible for the damage caused to the environment and it is also our responsibility to reduce our carbon footprint in any way that we can. We must do whatever we can to help conserve and save the environment. The following are some of the eco friendly habits that we can adopt. These eco friendly habits will individually help us conserve and save the environment in a small way and if many of us start adopting eco friendly habits it can have a significant positive impact on the environment.
Eco Friendly Habits
- Recycling is a very important eco friendly habit. Recycling means collecting the waste materials from our houses and dropping them off to a recycling center or bin in the neighborhood. Recycling helps reduce energy usage, reuse reduces the need for new raw materials and helps avoid pollution.
- Plant trees in your garden and around the neighborhood. Participate in Tree Planting drives. Trees absorb the green house gas carbon dioxide from the air and gives out oxygen. Planting trees is a very eco friendly habit and it helps protect the environment.
- We have already started noticing water shortages in most areas on the planet. A good eco friendly habit is to conserve water and save as much water as we can. Water wastage must be avoided. Simple habits like having a bath with a bucket of water and not a shower, checking whether all the faucets and pipes in the house are not leaking and using the water judiciously in other household chores. Try rainwater harvesting if it is possible for your house or building.
- Turn off the lights, fans and air conditioning when you are not using the room. Use LED lights and energy star approved appliances that use less energy.
- Use renewable sources of energy like solar energy, wind energy whenever you can. Drive a hybrid car and put solar panels on rooftops for energy requirements of the house.
- Small eco friendly habits are also very important. Use rechargeable batteries, do not use plastic bags, and avoid using plastic products especially those with short term use like plastic bags, plastic boxes and other plastic items. A great alternative to plastic bags is paper bags or bags made of jute and cloth.
- Try and use eco friendly products as many different products that we use everyday generally have eco friendly alternative options like there are eco friendly house cleaners, eco friendly personal care items, eco friendly furniture and other eco friendly household items.
Being eco friendly and trying to protect the environment is a state of mind. When a person is convinced that being eco friendly helps the environment and it is the right thing to do then that person will take steps in order to be more eco friendly. Thus the individual will develop habits that are eco friendly in nature and help in protecting the environment.