Nowadays we all have to try and be has eco friendly as possible to save the environment. The health of the environment today is much worse than it was in say 1950. Since then there has been damages to the environment due to two reasons. One is the natural degradation of environment that gradually happens due to natural reasons and which happened in the previous centuries and millennia also. The other is the degradation of environment caused by various different types of human activities.
If the right steps are not taken by us the scary part is that the environmental degradation will only get from bad to worse in the near future. Already signs of environmental degradation are visible in the form of excessive water pollution, air pollution, soil pollution, global warming, rise in seas level, climate changes, change in weather patterns, increased frequency of natural disasters, depletion of ozone layer and other environmental problems.
A party is generally when a group of people come together to have fun and enjoy. Parties help people to relax and have a stress free time. But often a party causes a lot of waste, garbage and also causes a little stress to the environment. The following are some eco friendly party ideas that will help make your party more eco friendly and less harmful to the environment.
Eco Friendly Party Ideas
- There are plenty of eco friendly decoration items like eco friendly streamers, eco friendly balloons and other eco friendly decoration. These decoration items are often made of forest friendly, recyclable and biodegradable material and are a very eco friendly option for the decorations of the party. Also having a party in the garden surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers as natural decoration is a very good idea.
- Many times at anniversary parties or birthday parties there are cakes with candles on them. One can use eco friendly candles like beeswax or soy eco friendly candles instead of the regular candles.
- Many times there are occasions when the hosts give return gifts to the guests in the form of bags. The gifts can be eco friendly useful items and the bags can be made of eco friendly material instead of plastic.
- Recycle all the glass and plastic bottles that were used in the party for wine, alcohol and soft drinks. Also one can use the party decorations again and again as eco friendly party decorations are reusable.
- Another party tip is to access the number of people coming and make arrangements accordingly. Wastage of food is not an eco friendly option as it leads to increased garbage which is a pollutant. Also other than eco friendliness, people around the world die of hunger so wasting food at a party is not a nice thing to do. There are also many eco friendly food options as well as drink options available and one can research about them and decide on the menu for the party.
- Avoid using napkins made of paper and use cloth napkins instead. Avoid the usage of plastic plates, cups and instead use a more eco friendly option as there are many eco friendly plates and cups available in the market.
Throwing an eco friendly party or a green party is a great idea. One can have a lot of fun at this party without harming the environment too much. This also helps individuals reduce their own carbon footprint. As parties are places where human beings can pollute the environment in several ways, to have an eco friendly party that does not pollute the environment is a good idea.