If you want to make your kid involved in a fun-filled activity, making something creative out of waste materials might be a good idea. It not only enhances the creative outlook of your child, it helps your child grow up learning how to spend leisure time doing something creative. You can help your child in making a toy guitar out of the waste materials. It is also eco-friendly, as it requires recycled things to be designed. Let us discuss how to create a toy guitar out of recycled things.
To design a toy guitar, you will require the following things:
- 1 empty tissue box
- 1 empty paper towel roll
- 3 or more rubber bands
- Various decorating supplies, optional, for examples: paint, scrap paper, glue, glitter, stickers, yarn
- Remove the plastic from the empty tissue box and help the opening widen a bit with the help of the scissors. If your child is young enough, you may skip widening the opening as younger kids would not be able to differentiate the sound qualities. You can try to enhance the creative skills of your children by guiding them to design it once you provide them with all the properties.
- Use rubber bands around the length of the tissue box. You can use different sizes of rubber bands to generate different sounds. Make your kids get introduced to basic music by helping them know how to arrange the rubber bands from thinnest to thickest. If they make mistakes in stretching the rubber bands in the required order, allow them to do so. They will learn how to do it correctly once they get unusual sound from it.
- Cut the tower roll of about ½ to 1 inch around 8 times.
- Fold out the cuts you made on the paper towel roll and make them flat against one of the small sides of the tissue box. Use tape to secure it in place.
- Now, the guitar is completely designed. If you want to decorate it, you may go ahead with the colors and other decorative available with you.
By designing this innovative product, you child may get a brief idea on music sense. It also enhances problem solving ability in a child during assembling the things to make a guitar out of it. It is quite important for a parent to spend quality time with children as it enhances the self-confidence in children and makes them feel that they have nice support to learn new things.