Solar powered lights are being increasingly preferred by many due to their energy efficiency. Taking advantage of the popular demand, many companies are vying with each other to outshine the expectations and come up with more appealing and interesting products that would attract the customer towards their products. It is therefore very important to analyse the product very carefully and choose the best one that offers good value for money.
If you are planning to install solar powered lights in your yard on your own, here are some sound suggestions to follow.
1. First and foremost, you have to make your garden neat and tidy. This will give you a better idea about what kinds of lighting will sit your garden and where to install them. Tidying up might take quite some time and hence must be scheduled during weekends so that you have ample time to complete it rather than leave it half done. Remove all the unwanted plants and weeds and clear up the area to create the new landscape.
Your garden should look the way you have imagined it should be before the lighting is installed. This exercise will help you visualise the appeal and the entire look of your new landscaped garden. It will also help you analyse the efficiency of the lighting arrangement beforehand itself so that you have little worry about the aesthetics.
2. Once the cleaning process is done, you can step back and assess the entire yard to identify areas that need reshaping like flower beds. Trees can be left as such as they grow slowly and so not make a significant change in the landscape. Identify spots that are vacant for possible installation of the solar powered lights. It is better to use the existing vacant areas rather than create new spaces for your landscape, unless you are looking at a completely new landscape which is better left to a professional.
Once the areas are identified, you may want to visualise the total effect on the garden. If you have already identified the design of the solar powered lights or have bought them, it is a good idea to either simulate or try them on the actual spot and see the effect. However, they can look entirely different and better with the lights on.
3. Deciding on what kind of solar lighting is very important and can to be done before or after you are ready with the landscaping. There are several types of lighting that can be used for the year. Accent lights are the least subdued and they consume less power as well. They contain very few LED crystals. They can be used near items that one needs to be careful about. This can be a faucet where there is a chance of people stumbling and falling or a thorny plant etc.
Path lights are medium bright lights that are used for illuminating the path and can be placed on rods or can be solar rocks which look very rustic and interesting. Path lights are brighter than accent lights and offer more illumination and safety during the night. These lights have to be stuck right into the earth, along the pathway and look very beautiful in the night time.
4. The most important light that can enhance the most interesting or unique feature of your garden is a focus light. They are much brighter than the accent or a path light and are used for enhancing the visual appeal of your yard, by highlighting the beautiful areas and plants, along with the purpose of illuminating the entire yard. Focus lights can be used near a beautiful fountain or exotic plants that you possess.
5. Finally, there are spot lights which are the brightest among all the LED solar powered lights. They are used for lighting up the entire landscape. They also serve the purpose of balancing the illumination from all the various types of lighting and add to the overall appeal of your yard. However, these lights are expensive as they are very powerful and add the final touch to your garden.
Based on what you are looking for your garden, you can go for one or a combination of these solar lights, placed aesthetically around your yard. While choosing a variety of lights, ensure that they blend well with your garden scene and offer the best possible lighting solution as well as beauty to you garden.