If you want to build the best greenhouse on a budget then this article is just what you need to read. Anyone can put their DIY skills to the test and try out these greenhouse plans. The main reason behind why people create a greenhouse is to grow more fresh food. The greenhouse extends the growing season as it allows you to plant seeds early and keep them growing later into the fall.
These greenhouse plans will bring out the plant lover in you. It is important to know what you want to grow and the available space. Also, if you are checking out greenhouses for sale Green House Stores are a great place to look. So, without further ado let’s start with the best greenhouse plans.
1. Fold Up
- PVC pipe would be used for creating a bottom, middle and top fame in the desired size.
- Plastic sheeting to be used for the cover frame.
- The potted plants are to be placed under the covering of the fold up greenhouse.
- Lower and raise as required.
2. Barn Greenhouse
A wooden barn greenhouse plan is perfect for anyone on a budget. It is easy and simple to build it.
- Purchase or use existing wall framing and cut it from the board easily.
- Roofing tin to be used for the side paneling. It helps provide it with the strength as well.
- Next, metal flashing will be used to trim the corners of the panels.
- Finally, the entire greenhouse would be covered with corrugated roofing.
3. Trampoline Greenhouse
- Remove the trampoline springs and tarp.
- The frame of the trampoline should be taken apart into two equal section for the creation of two half circles.
- Half of the frame will be placed on the end with rounded sides facing upwards and the legs will face inwards on the end of the garden.
- Repeat the same step for the other half frame.
- Cover the frame using plastic sheeting.
4. Hoop House
With just a PVC pipe and some wood boards, a hoop house can be built. It is a simple structure which can be made of any size. You can build a 300 square foot structure easily for your gardening endeavors.
5. Mini Greenhouse
Finally, the mini greenhouse is a great structure for anyone on a budget. It is easy to build as it is medium sized and recycled windows can be used to do so.
- Close to same size windows would be needed. 6 windows should be plenty.
- Create a box frame from wood after having measured the windows.
- Simply enclose an A-frame roof support.
- 5 windows would be attached to the box frame using screws.
- The last window will be attached to the frame by using hinges on one of the sides only to create a door which opens and closes.
Article Submitted By Community Writer