Acne is a common skin condition in which the whiteheads and blackheads present on the skin may build up to form pus-filled spots. Mostly, this condition hits during or after the teenage years. Acne spots can be formed on the neck, cheeks, chin, back, and chest. These marks may leave filthy spots on the skin after going away. These spots can be reduced and faded by following a proper skin care regimen.
The primary reason behind acne formation is that in some people, their glands and hormones are mostly sensitive due to which they produce too much oil on the skin. When the dead skin cells are not shredded away properly and mixed with sebum (oil), then blackheads and whiteheads start appearing on the skin.
Types of acne spots
Given the nature of acne, there are several types of acne spots.
These types of acne spots are usually rigid and firm than the blackheads. Still, they can be squeezed easily and extra sebum can be taken out from the spot.
They are usually harmless. As the name suggests, they are black in color due to the lining of the hair follicles becoming black over time.
They cause redness on the skin and have white tips which indicate the presence of pus inside them.
Papules are red bumps on the skin which are tender.
These are hard lumps that form inside the skin and maybe painful in nature.
These are the most adverse form of acne as they are large pus-filled lumps and if left untreated, they may cause permanent scars on the skin. Medicated and herbal creams and lotions are prescribed by dermatologists to treat this type of acne. You can easily purchase acne-related creams and lotions on the recommendation of your doctor from Pricepro pharmacy as they are offering RX coupons on their medicines. You can check deal on their website.
Self-help techniques to treat acne
You can try some DIYs at home to treat this condition.
- Wash the affected area with a mild herbal neem soap as neem extracted soaps can reduce inflammation on the skin
- Avoid frequent washing of the face throughout the day as excessive washing can irritate the skin
- Do not squeeze the acne spots as it can make the condition worse and may leave permanent marks on the skin
- Always remove makeup before going to bed
- Avoid using heavy and thick foundations on the skin. Use water-based primers and moisturizers before using any foundation
- Follow the five-skin skincare regimen which includes cleansing, toning, scrubbing, moisturizing, and mask
- Exercise daily as it makes your blood circulation easier on the skin as well.
Cystic acne is the worst type of acne so it needs proper treatment. Some suggest Accutane but it can sometimes mess with your menstrual cycles and hormones so proper consultation must be sought in order to go for this treatment. Some doctors also suggest antibiotics as well to treat cystic acne.
Article Submitted By Community Writer